I hope you all enjoyed our long weekend and had fun playing in the snow.
- If you would like to place a Scholastic Book order, please visit https://clubs.scholastic.com/home and use the code RRT4Q for my class. I will be submitting the February orders on the morning of 2/28/18.
- Please remind your child to leave toys, Pokemon cards, and other personal items like this at home. If they would like to bring balls or other playground equipment to school, they must be prepared to share during recess.
- Winter MAP testing will occur next week for both 1st and 2nd grades.
- Due to the short week, we will not have spelling words this week.
Last week in 1st grade:
- We practiced using adjectives before the noun when writing sentences.
- We learned how to use conjunctions and connect ideas in our sentences.
- We shared our nonfiction polar bear books with Mrs. Rowlett's first grade class and the two 6th grade classes at Oasis Academy.
- We began working on our partner animal projects.
This week in 1st grade:
- We will learn about the president's job and why we celebrate President's day.
- We will practice using conjunctions in our writing and learn how to use prepositions.
- We will continue to work on our animal research projects.
A Math Message from Mrs. Bloomfield
Get ready to tell time! Practice reading both analog and digital clocks. The first graders will be telling time to the hour and ½ hour using both types of clocks. After Tuesday nights review, your 1st grader will have IXL homework the rest of the week!
Digital Clock Analog Clock