Thank you all for making time in your busy schedules to attend conferences on March 23 and April 13. It was nice to see everyone and to discuss all of the awesome progress my first graders have made.
- If you have any box tops, please send them in tomorrow.
- Blue & Orange Day- On Monday, 4/16, students may wear orange and/or blue for a $1 donation, which is a fundraiser for an Oasis student that is in the hospital. Her favorite team is Boise State and their colors are orange and blue. Students do not have to wear their uniforms if they choose to participate in this fundraiser.
Last week in first grade:
- We practiced figuring out who is telling a story.
- We learned how to find the main idea of a paragraph.
- We finished our poetry journals by writing a Haiku.
- We explored why the stars only come out at night, where and why the sun rises and sets, and why the earth has seasons.
This week in first grade:
- We will continue to practice finding the main idea in written paragraphs.
- We will learn about narrative writing by identifying what a small moment is and write about a small moment.
- We will continue to explore the sun, moon, and stars.
A Math Message from Mrs. Bloomfield:
The first graders created Fraction Pizzas, will finish learning about fractions, and review then test on Tuesday. Later into the week we will go back to some objectives that we have taught in order to review and check for mastery. Such as: adding 3 numbers, adding and subtracting within 50 and working with word problems.
Week 29 Homework
April 16th - 19th
IXL - X.5 Simple Fractions: what fraction does the shape show?
IXL - X.6 Simple Fractions: which shape matches the fraction?
IXL - D.11 Addition Facts: sums up to 20
IXL - D.10 Addition sentences for word problems - sums up to 18
Have a great week!
~Mrs. Jackson and Mrs. Bloomfield~